We select our project name as Sport Event Management Framework (SEMF). Our ultimate goal is to build a system that help an administrator to design a whole system in quick time.
Our framework consists of following features
1. Design environment to customize components and use them in a web page.
We present a development environment (SEMF Designer) that will give higher level GUI to design the database + the web interface with customizable components
These components mainly compose the final view of the web page
Example of some components
- Set the layout of a web page
2. Menu / Sidebar / Site Map
- Used to navigate the web site
- Show the current data. Can be used to synchronize the whole page.
4. Data grids/ Data tables/ Data sheets
- Present the data of the system
There are special components which are not directly connect to the view of the page
1. Printing Components
- Used to print reports
2. Web service components
- Expose data as web services
This is very similar to the approach of Portlet[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portlets]. But for efficiency and flexibility we are developing a separate 'Portlet Engine' with our project. Visit here for more details. [http://semf-cse.blogspot.com/2007/02/semf-portlet.html]
2. Modularize Approach
Our framework allow to define modules related to the event. For an example Sport Event Management System can have following models
With components and modules SEMF is able to provide different levels of customizability. The Administrator of the system can use existing modules/components and customize as required or build its own components/modules according to the requirement.
Current Status of the project
We have started the development in two phases.
1. Developing the SEMF designer
2. Developing a final system manually (without using SEMF designer)